Have you ever wondered how does the world beneath water look like? Our earth’s 70% surface is covered by ocean and these oceans, and after so many years, we are only able to discover 55 of them. Do you know how wired things species under the ocean do to live and get food for them?
Well, in this article, you will get to know some of the facts of marine life that can amaze you in many ways.
- Everyone has often heard of the word angel, but a few know that a breed of fish in the ocean also is named Angelfish. It is not that they are only called, so they also have some of an angel’s value. When these fish choose a partner, they choose them for their entire life, which means if their partner dies of some circumstances, they won’t mate for their whole life and die alone.
- You must have heard of different ways of communicating; they can be unique but have you ever heard of a weird way of communicating by peeing on each other? Yes, the commonly found seafood lobster use to pee on each other to communicate and what makes it more weird is that they pee from the holes below their eyes.
- Okay, how many of you love to play hide n seek? Many of you must have played it once in your lifetime. The game is to disguise the person who is searching for you. In the same way, the spider variety of crabs are a lover of this game. This variety of crabs hide them in such a way that you cannot even notice them in front of your eyes. They do that to save their life and to get food.
- Do you know there is a variety of fish that is completely flat? But they are not born flat; they are born like a regular fish only but gradually start to flatten while they grow bigger.
- You might use different types of equipment to clean your house, but nature has its own way of doing it. The sea cucumber is the natural cleaner of the sea. This animal eats anything that is sticking to the sand of the sea and poops out the sand that is clear and free of dirt.
- Can you believe that someone can get a permanent memory loss after mating? Oh my god! How tragic that is, but the male octopus goes through this situation after mating with a female. The male octopus loses their ability to remember and roam in the sea carelessly.
- Can a male give birth? Well, we think science must be working on this, and who knows if it will be true for the human race someday. But in the sea, there is a unique animal that does this. A seahorse is the only breed of animal on the earth in which the male gets pregnant and delivers the baby seahorse rather than the females.
Wow, these were some of the completely amazing facts that one could get to know about the marine life. But a lot of portion is still to be discovered.